Everyone, irrespective of gender, must undergo routine body screenings to check their body functions and diagnose the early stages of illnesses. Routine checkups are particularly important for women, given the discrimination they face in social settings. Most women overlook the importance of their health, and factors like reproductive and menstrual health and vulnerability of women to breast and ovarian cancers, hormonal changes, and postpartum depression make it paramount for them to track their health. Taiba Hospital, a private hospital in Kuwait, holds prominence in offering a comprehensive range of medical services and prioritizing the well-being of its patients. Taiba is one of the best hospitals in Kuwait that strives to promote a healthier community by providing excellent healthcare packages and actively educating and raising awareness among its patients.
Taiba’s Women’s Wellness Package encompasses a range of services and screenings tailored to women aged 40 and above, as it is the phase when women experience changes in bone density, hormonal levels, and menstrual cycles and mental issues like increased stress, depression, and pre-menopause anxiety. Often, women hesitate to discuss mental stress and other concerns such as decreased libido. The package encourages patients to utilize its services within one week of purchase and offers a free follow-up visit within one week of the initial consultation. The specialties covered under the Women’s Wellness Package are discussed below:
- Consultation with the OBGYN Doctor: Gynaecologist consultation is vital for women to assess their sexual and reproductive health. Most women tend to be secretive about their reproductive issues, which can worsen the condition if not treated in the early stages. The package lets you discuss your issues related to sexual intercourse, menstruation patterns, abnormalities in the breast and genital areas, and decreased libido.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) Levels Test: Women are more prone to thyroid diseases, and abnormal TSH levels adversely affect their menstrual cycles and pregnancy and can cause diseases like thyroid cancer. TSH level checks if your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive and is functioning normally, allowing doctors to assess any thyroid problems.
- Prolactin Hormone Levels Test: Prolactin is a hormone responsible for breast enlargement and milk production during pregnancy and after childbirth. The prolactin test checks the prolactin levels in the blood and detects conditions caused by abnormal prolactin levels. Women with high prolactin levels get irregular menstrual cycles, fertility issues, lactation without pregnancy, early menopause, and prolactinoma, a tumor in the pituitary gland. Whereas low prolactin levels affect milk production after childbirth.
- Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1c) Levels Test: It checks blood sugar levels and helps women understand the risks and complexities of diabetes and manage them effectively. Abnormal HbA1c levels lead to cardiovascular and kidney diseases, nerve damage, complications during pregnancy, vaginal and urinal infections, irregular menstrual cycles, and depression.
- Ultrasound of the Breasts: It is a diagnostic imaging technique used to examine and generate detailed images of the internal structures of the breasts to check for breast cancer or any breast abnormalities like lumps, changes in nipple, infections, or following up on previously-detected aberrations.
- Ultrasound of the Pelvis: It is an imaging technique that examines the structures within the pelvic region and creates detailed images of the pelvic organs for monitoring pregnancy and assessing infertility, urinary diseases, and gynecological conditions, like abnormal uterine bleeding, ovarian cysts, and fibroids.
- Mammogram: It is an imaging test used to detect cancer or any breast abnormalities in the early stages. It is recommended for women with a family history of breast cancer or particular genetic mutations.
- Pap Smear: A pap smear test identifies abnormalities in the cells of the cervix and detects early signs of cervical cancer or pre-cancerous conditions, allowing for timely intervention and treatment.
Taiba, a reputed multispeciality hospital in Kuwait, has created this incredible women’s wellness package to help women maintain optimal health, lower the risk of illnesses, enhance overall well-being, and keep them informed about their health status. Besides, the package provides doctors with a comprehensive health history, facilitating accurate diagnoses.